Problem with jerky cutting - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 14730|Reply: 16
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Problem with jerky cutting

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Landlord
Posted at 2018-5-8 01:16:28 | All floors
Last edited by PPRINT In 2018-5-7 11:20 Editor

I have seen similar problems with a project that I have worked on with my DDCSV1.1.

I believe I have tracked the problem down to micro moves.  Meaning tons of little moves on the order of magnitude of .01mm.  I am guessing there is some sort of issue to do with the accel/decel settings.

I normally post my code with a very tight linearization tolerance to give me very accurate results.  Problem is that means tons of small moves.  I am normally cutting foam or wood so the tolerance was not necessary.  Once I relaxed my tolerances I now get code that will run smooth.

I know that is not an answer to your question, but maybe it will help in some way.

Rob
Edit:
I will run your code in my machine later today and see what I get on my system.
The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Sofa
Posted at 2018-5-8 10:26:48 | All floors
I just ran the code on my machine and did not see any reduction in speed.  

I will link a video below.  I ran the first 2:40 minutes at 300% override (est 7200mm/min) until the program made it to the last z height and started it's inward morphing.  At that point it was pounding my machine pretty bad so I slowed it back down to 100% override.  I didn't see any reduction of speed.

If I ran this sort of code all the time I would have to spend time tuning the parameters in the control and my drivers to get that pounding out.  Since I am not worried about speed on this hobby machine I will leave that for another day.

https://youtu.be/RGxIPwSjoWE

Turn the sound down unless you love the scream of a cheap air-cooled router motor.  It does start sounding like a scene from Jurassic Park once it gets to pounding in the bottom.  LOL
The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.
Reply Support 1 Opposition 0

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list