Ex-NHL enforcer Daniel Carcillo forges n - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 759|Reply: 0
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Ex-NHL enforcer Daniel Carcillo forges n

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Forum veteran

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2023-5-29 17:36:51 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Research. Sometimes that's all there is.Despite the light sensitivity and sound sensitivity and the need for a dark room.Despite the memory lo s, the headaches and head pre sure that feels like you're in a vise.Despite the inability to concentrate.Despite being told to stay off computers and smartphones and to rest your brain.Finding a way out becomes all-consuming. Research becomes all-consuming.Daniel Carcillo knows it all too well.Atage 30, the NHL enforcerwas forced into early retirement in 2015 afterhis seventh diagnosed concu sion. After 429 games spread over 11 seasons, capped off by his second Stanley Cup, his  Houston Texans Women Jersey career was over. He spent the next four years trying to pull himself out of a debilitating battle with post-concu sion syndrome that eventually drove him to be suicidal."Read a ton of medical papers on concu sions, visited a brain bank, CT pathologists," Carcillo said. "Doing a lot of things to try to manage symptomology, which is really what's available to us. There's no quote-unquote novel, validated care option for TBI (traumatic brain injury) survivors, and it's really dangerous because the  Derek Stingley Jr. Jersey No. 1 cause of death is suicide after TBI."That's one of the biggest i sues with concu sions:There is no official game plan when it comes to healing the brain. It isn't a broken arm, whenyou know you'll be in a cast for a few weeks, have physical therapy after and thenbe good to go. It's a shoulder-shrug emoji  and that's from your neurologist. It's a "let's take a stab at this" or "try that"because there is no direct path. Every brain is different.But then things changedfor Carcillo almost two years agowhen he was introduced to psilocybin through an ex-teammate."Every day anxiety and depre sion le sened in intensity," he recalled about his symptoms after a psilocybin "ceremony," which is a guided and monitored psychedelicexperience. "The third day I remember going out on the Ross Blacklock Jersey  farm without gla ses, which wasn't normal because my light sensitivity was extreme. And then I found myselfFaceTiming my wife and my kids more often because I wanted to,I just couldn't wait to race back to hug them. I just felt more connected. I felt like my brain fog was lifting and just really remarkable, remarkable things in a very short amount of time."It was a life-changing moment for Carcillo. He started feeling better. His symptoms began to subside as he stayed on a specific protocol of loading doses (3-5 mg) and maintenance doses ofpsilocybin and other adaptogens. He underwent a qEEG (brain mapping) and re-did bloodwork  something he did after every new thing he tried over the years to see whether it was truly working  and this time it showed no abnormalities and that his bloodwork was clear."That was a really big aha moment,"he told Sporting News during a recent phone interview. "So I dove into the science and realized that this  Reggie Robinson II Jersey could be the first novel care option for TBI survivors. Waited about a year till I got that second clear test and then I said, OK, this is enough data for me to start going public with this. And then I just started to put the pieces of the puzzle in place to make this a reality and build a championship team around me that I know how to play in."That championship team is part of a company Carcillo co-founded called Wesana Health Inc., "an emerging life sciences company committed to patient empowerment and the advancement of psilocybin-based medicine to improve health and wellne s."It closed on $4 million in financing back in January and announced on March 31, the last day of Brain Injury Awarene s Month, the succe sful closing of $16.1 CAD million oversubscribed private placement ahead of completing its go-public transaction. Proceeds from the financing will be used primarily to fund the companys preclinical and clinical development of psychedelic-a sisted therapy to treat TBI. They also announced Wednesday  Houston Texans Men Jersey the addition of George Steinbrenner IV as a new investor who is joining theboard of directors.Tremendous advancements in science have finally given us the tools to recognize and better understand the consequences of traumatic brain injuries, especially those that occur often in profe sional sports," Steinbrenner saidin the company's news release, citing how he's seen athletes in his sport (motorsports) deal with TBI."Its critical that we continue to push forward in this field to deliver innovative treatment options that can help people recover from the neurological and psychological damage a sociated with that trauma."'Rewire' the brainPsychedelic medicine has exploded. The idea of natural productslike psilocybin, which isa psychedelic extract that occurs naturally in some 200 varieties ofmushrooms and is an active ingredient in magic mushrooms, has garnered attention acro s academia. New York University, Johns Hopkins and the Icahn School of Mount Sinai (New York) are just a few that have conducted studies or are in the proce s  NFL Houston Texans Jersey of studyingits usage to treat the brain when it comes to anxiety, depre sion and post-traumatic stre s disorder.Its got an impact on neuro-chemical and neurologic activity in the brain, noted University of Miami Miller School of Medicines Dr.Michael E. Hoffer, who isstudying whether using a  Houston Texans Hats pill form of cannabidiol (CBD) and psilocybin can treatmild traumatic brain injuryand PTSD.In other words, we know that its not like this is just something you take and you think you feel different. There are definitely chemical pathways in the brain that have receptors for psilocybin or psilocybin metabolites. So there are some changes in brain activity that occurs when you take this compound.We know where psilocybin and itsmetabolites act in abrain;thats been described, Hoffer added later during theinterview with Sporting News. How those interactions manifest in different ways in the brain is still not well understood.In the United States, psilocybin is labeled as a Schedule I drug by the Department of Drug Enforcement. North of the border in Canada, mushrooms are illegal under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA). But the stigma regarding the drug has waned. Oregon, for example, pa sed in November decriminalizing psilocybin and backed its useas a therapeutic. In Canada, exemptions have been grantedfor end-of-life patients, therapists who want to use psilocybin to and others.That's what Carcillo and Wesana Health are focusing on. The company will soon be running preclinical trials onpsychedelic drug-a sisted therapy to treatTBI-related depre sion in conjunctionwith the Food and Drug Administration in the United States and Laremy Tunsil Jersey  Health Canada."We have a specific protocol," Carcillo said. "Loading dose is bigger doses, usually between three and five grams. What that does is it breaks up destructive thought patterns, stimulates regions of our brain shut down due to emotional or physical trauma

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list