Can I use a 5V port on the I/O PCB to directly run the P and D Driver inputs? - On 2 Page - DDCSV3.1 Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
Author: scintilla
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Can I use a 5V port on the I/O PCB to directly run the P and D Driver inputs?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
11#
 Author| Posted at 2021-4-27 09:03:59 | Only Author
Hi Shania,
Yes, I have double checked that the System Power ( main 24V supply) and the I/O Power (separate 24V supply) are both correctly connected to the terminal block. Also the MPG port has 5V between pins 1 and 8. This indicates that the MPG is connected. The EStop signal works although it is reversed so I need to be able to change the parameter settings. I will put it in MPG mode to see if this allows me to change the parameters. I was not aware that it needed to be in MPG mode to do this.
I will check the parameters as you suggest and get back to you if I have no luck. Thank you very much for your patience...  
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
12#
Posted at 2021-4-27 09:09:15 | Only Author
Problem 2: I cannot find in the manual the procedure for entering new parameters.----Using the "Page R" to go into the parameter page, and then select the specific single line by pressing the Y+ (up) or Y-(down) one by one. For example, if you choose #120, then press "Enter" , and then "put the value" inside by pressing Y+ to increase the number or Y- to decrease the number. And then press "enter" again to confirm the value. If you press"page R" again, that means #120 setting value was saved. Actually , you can finish all the value setting and then press" page R" to save all those configuration. If you are not sure about whether all the value was saved, you can press "page R" to go inside to double check again whether they were what you did just now. By the  way, a small tip to go into the required column quickly, if you need to  [tool offset], but it is under the top column too far way, then you can press X-( left) or X+ (right) , instead of moving Y+ and Y- to choose each line by one one. After that, you can choose the specific line by moving the Y+ and Y-. The other operation is repeating the methods above.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
13#
Posted at 2021-4-27 09:18:06 | Only Author
Problem 2: I cannot find in the manual the procedure for entering new parameters.----Using the "Page R" to go into the parameter page, and then select the specific single line  one by one by pressing the Y+ (up) or Y-(down) . For example, if you choose #120, then press "Enter" , and then "put the value" inside by pressing Y+ to increase the number or Y- to decrease the number. And then press "enter" again to confirm the value. If you press"page R" again, that means #120 setting value was saved. Actually , you can finish all the setting and then press" page R" to save all the configuration.If you are not sure about whether the value was saved, you can press "page R" to go inside to double check again whether they were what you did just now. By the  way, a small tip to go into the required column quickly, if you need to configure  [tool offset], but it is under the top column too far way, then you can press X-( left) or X+ (right) to make it to quick to arrive in ã€tool offset] instead of moving Y+ and Y- to choose each line by one one. After that, you can select the specific line under [tool offset] by pressing Y+ or Y-. The other operation is repeating the methods above.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
14#
Posted at 2021-4-27 09:26:27 | Only Author
I cannot find in the manual the procedure for entering new parameters. When I click on the blue item it goes pale and does not respond. My keyboard seems to work but the mouse does not show a cursor or any effect.----You need to press" enter" and then press"Y+(up) " to increase the value or Y-( down" to decrease the number, and then press" enter" again to confirm the value setting.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
15#
 Author| Posted at 2021-4-27 14:52:29 | Only Author
Thanks Shania. I now understand the sequence for altering the Parameters. I have switched the EStop level to High and it now works as it should with my main controller Estop switch. Happy with that!

Unfortunately the MPG unit is still asleep and the only thing that works on it is the EStop switch. I have used the Page R button to move to MPG with no result. The Continuous and Step settings work fine, just the MPG is silent; no lights, no response at all. Maybe there's an Enable setting that is wrong...
I have looked at the Parameters for MPG settings and I must assume they are correct because, as you say, the MPG was tested at the at the factory and would not have been shipped if it did not work. A mystery!
To try to solve this , could you please send me an e-mail with the appropriate parameters so that I can cross check the values which should be installed. Maybe there is a bug-fix available...

My email address is
jamestp1@bigpond.com

This may save you spending more valuable time after having spent so much time helping me. I should be able to do a line-by-line comparison and narrow down the problem this way. All power levels are correct so it's most likely a faulty line of code or setting.

Thanks again for your time.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
16#
Posted at 2021-4-28 17:33:36 | Only Author
For problem 2, are you using USB interface keyboard with Numerical keypad on it?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
17#
 Author| Posted at 2021-4-29 11:29:29 | Only Author
Hello Shania,
Yes, I am using a multi port USB Hub with the keyboard's dongle on one port. It seems to work well. I can enter numbers and use Page Up etcetera.
I also have a wireless mouse which came with the keyboard. I does not do any thing. I cannot see a cursor on the screen.
Does it make a difference if I use the numbers along the top of the keyboard rather than the number keypad on the right-hand side?
Thanks,
Scintilla
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
18#
 Author| Posted at 2021-4-29 14:31:02 | Only Author
Hello again, Shania,
I checked the Parameter settings and they look to be okay compared to some examples on the Youtube.
I also checked the operation of the switches on the MPG and they all show as working, that is they switch from H to L (red to green) when selected.
This indicates that there's nothing wrong with the basic functions of the unit.
It is just dead
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
19#
 Author| Posted at 2021-4-30 10:24:51 | Only Author
Hello again, Shania,
I have tested the unit and it has successfully run a .tap file which I loaded on to the USB stick you supplied with the unit.

All axes are working. The Spindle is working. The display is working.
Sad to say, the MPG is does not do anything except correctly operate EStop and the display page shows that, when switches are used and buttons are pressed, the internal contacts appear to be correctly connected.
Can you please try to suggest a cure for this important problem?
Thanks again,
Scintilla.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
20#
 Author| Posted at 2021-5-1 10:07:52 | Only Author
Hello again,
I STILL can't get the MPG to do anything. Can you please suggest a further action to fix the problem?
Maybe a later version of Firmware could help?....
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list