Create a HOME for x, Y, and Z. - DDCSV3.1 Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 2526|Reply: 3
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Create a HOME for x, Y, and Z.

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2021-2-16 08:34:28 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
How do I set a home position? Also, I noticed that if Home position extends further than an axis proximity switch, the limit doesnt stop travel. That seems to be a software issue. Limit switches on seem to stop manual movement.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Sofa
Posted at 2021-3-15 11:53:15 | Only Author
Hi, good morning, GotDiesel. Do you mean that your proximity sensor has chosen the signal wiring pin on the terminal block as Home X/Y/Z. If so , please configure the parameter #51 and #116/#117/#118. For #51 Enable limit signal when Home, please choose" 1= disable". And for #116/#117/#118 X-axis/Y-axis/Z-axis zero signal source select, please choose "0=Home signal".
In addition, if your chose the limit signal as your wiring pin, please set it as your real application accordingly, hope it helps.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Bench
Posted at 2021-3-15 13:57:18 | Only Author
"the limit doesnt stop travel"-- if your wiring and setting for limit signal is correct, please check your parameter #56 #57 #58, if your Home speed is too big to cause over stroke, then you can try to decrease it.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Floor
Posted at before yesterday 23:19 | Only Author
Hey Gang! first post here, i am replacing the controller and drivers on a store bought cnc, controller is ddcs4 v3.1.
I have movement on all axis but I need help with setting up the limits. I have 6 mechanical limits, 2 per axis. I have 3 proximity type home switches for each axis home position and soft limits for + and - travel on all axis. When I ask it to got home on all 3 axis, x and z go home but it seems that y is waiting for a permissive from the x  and z limits before it can home. It's not getting that permissive and the homing sequence stops. Also, and could be related, when I start a job, zero it to the job start position, z goes into the upper mechanical limit and the process stops there. Any ideas ? In the z + direction for example, what sequence should the actuation of the limit switches be (mechanical, home and software limits)? thx
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list