MPG wheel won't move any axis motor - DDCSV3.1 Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 4223|Reply: 8
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

MPG wheel won't move any axis motor

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2021-2-16 08:32:44 | Only Author |Only larger image Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
All motors work perfectly in CONT mode on keypad. If I change Mode to MPG, no axis moves. No matter what axis motor I choose, the x motor makes noises as I turn wheel, but no movement occurs. I assume it must be in perameters, but I have looked all over and can't seem to find anything that fixes the problem.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Sofa
Posted at 2021-2-16 17:42:36 | Only Author
Last edited by Belwect In 2021-2-16 17:58 Editor

For MPG to work, you need 2 power supplies. One for powering the controller, the other for powering the peripheral. You also need to check the wiring of the MPG remote control.

Безымянный.jpg (61.5 KB, Down times: 204)

Безымянный.jpg

l7AMp.jpg (51.3 KB, Down times: 214)

l7AMp.jpg

Безымянный.jpg (76.61 KB, Down times: 202)

Безымянный.jpg
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Bench
 Author| Posted at 2021-2-17 02:33:42 | Only Author
I have two power supplies as shown. Check wiring? It is pre assembled by factory. Are you saying I should open factory plug and check factory wiring?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Floor
Posted at 2021-2-17 14:09:50 | Only Author
Open the plug and the remote control itself, ring the wires.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
5#
 Author| Posted at 2021-2-18 05:23:25 | Only Author
Last edited by GotDiesel In 2021-2-18 23:50 Editor

The wiring is all wrong inside the MPG. All colors wrong per instructions. All instructions very unclear and very blurry to read. I can't believe we have to rebuild the product to make it work.

On another note. The wiring shows 18 wires to connect to 15 pin connector. My harness only has 17 wires. Many of the colors are not on correct pins and many colors seem to be wire colors picked dont even exist on the wiring code.

This is the worst experience with a new product yet. At least if you expect me to fix your crap, you should supply very clear clean wiring instructions.

Im not sure how Im going to handle this yet, but I will probably keep looking for a better quality controller. At least one that the manufacturer wires per their own instructions.

Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
6#
Posted at 2021-3-15 11:35:01 | Only Author
1. Firstly, please check whether you are using two 24 V power supply, one for the system, and one for the  I/O power supply. If this is correct, normally, you will see the signal light on the MPG is on when the MPG is connected to the MPG port tightly. 2. Secondly, please check the MPG parameter page , make sure that #432 and #448 choose LOW (standard MPG signal electric level) and CLOSE (MPG control mode). Hope it helps. 3. Also you can use the test page to check the MPG working status, if its value is changing during  rotating the MPG handwheel, it means the MPG works well.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
7#
Posted at 2021-6-15 20:04:47 | Only Author
agree none of this is helpful , bought this because it came with mpg. no info on rewire , wrong colors , buy another mpg ,or take all apart and return!!!! not happy at all !!
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
8#
Posted at 2021-6-15 20:16:00 | Only Author
ddcs is not understanding mpg supplied with system is not same color wiring why cant this be resolved. paid more for kit with mpg !! should i just return it refund .
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
9#
Posted at 2022-1-2 23:54:51 | Only Author
Hello dear, i read all of your questions, now, my doubt is did you open the MPG HANDWHEEL, sometimes the handwheels come with 4 pins and sometimes it comes with 6 pins and you can see purple and purple/black wire is not connected if it is 4 pins. For a solution opin it and tell me.;
my email is mohanlal317@yahoo.com
Thank you;
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list