Problem with delay DIR-STEP - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 45249|Reply: 63
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Problem with delay DIR-STEP

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2018-8-7 00:39:16 | Only Author Replies reward |Positive sequence Browse |Read mode
Last edited by Nikolay81 In 2018-8-7 00:44 Editor

A very big problem was discovered.
At first I could not understand what was happening, but the oscilloscope helped me in this.
For example, a person bought on Aliexpress, DDCSV and drivers LEADSHINE 556 (the most popular).
He wants his machine to work quieter, and sets the division step 1/32.
Configures the controller, sets the "X axis pulse equivalency" to 1280 (with the step of the ball screw 5mm).
Rejoices, for a while, how well and quiet everything works.
But the joy does not last long. Since, soon he notes that the machine loses its steps when changing direction.
Even at the lowest speeds.
He begins to read the instructions to the drivers, and finds out that the minimum delay between DIR and STEP should be 5 microseconds.
After reading the forums, he finds out that everything is even worse. For these drivers, it is desirable to exhibit a minimum of 10 microseconds.
It sets the "Time interval between DIR & pulse" parameter, for example, at 7000 nanoseconds (7 microseconds).
And then this bug happens.
At large values ​​of "X axis pulse equivalency" (more than 1000) and simultaneously, greater values ​​of "Time interval between DIR and pulse"
(more than 5000), the machine can not develop speed, more than 2500 mm / min.
What happens at this time with STEP signals is visible in the figures.
If you increase the speed, for example to 5000 mm / min, even the numbers on the screen will stop spinning.
That is, the controller just stops generating STEP signals.
If you reduce the "Time interval between DIR & pulse", for example up to 300, the machine quietly develops 10000mm / min.
And STEP signals have an ideal shape.
If you reduce the division of the step to 1/8, the problem also disappears. Since it appears, only at a high frequency of the STEP signal.

How to fix it?

Good STEP.jpg (47.33 KB, Down times: 665)

Good STEP.jpg

Bad STEP.jpg (52.75 KB, Down times: 686)

Bad STEP.jpg

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
64#
Posted at 2023-2-14 20:31:39 | Only Author
I have problem with limit axis  and spindle don't work please help
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
63#
Posted at 2020-8-4 02:24:50 | Only Author
Nikolay81 Posted at 2018-9-4 14:47
Excuse my incomprehensibility. I correctly understood that now all DDCSV will be produced with a n ...

Николай,доброговремени суто!Прочитал,как чайник в электронике,с опозданием на 2года,Вашу переписку с разработчиками DDCSV3.1.Читал,как детектив,хотя больше увлекаюсь технической литературой.Вы сами не знаете,какие Вы молодцы,так бы еще совместно и прочие проблемы решать!Низкий поклон Вам за Ваше неровнодушие и Вашу любознательность.А с дровами ТВ6600,я тоже имел проблемы и долго не мог их решить.Построил чпу на 4еоси и походу токарный настольный станок.Всю жизнь бреди этой идеей,да только на пенсии дохожу потихоньку.В новой версии предел задержки повышен до9999н/с имногочего нового добавилось. Еще раз Спасибо Вам!Александр - Николай, доброговремен суто! Читайте как чайник по электронике, с опозданием на 2 года вашу переписку с разработчиками DDCSV3.1. Читайте, как детектив, хотя я больше увлекаюсь технической литературой. Вы не знаете, что вы молодцы, так что еще общего и решать другие проблемы! Низкий вам поклон за ваше безразличие и вашу любознательность. А с дровами TB6600 у меня тоже были проблемы и долго не мог их решить. Построили чпу на 4eosi и походу токарный настольный станок. Всю жизнь идёт эта идея и только на пенсию дохожу медленно. В новой версии предел задержки повышен до9999н / с добавлен новый счет. Еще раз спасибо! Александр
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
62#
Posted at 2019-1-13 03:32:17 | Only Author

Thank you, I will take DM500
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
60#
Posted at 2019-1-8 16:36:20 | Only Author
Tell me, is this DM500 remote already free of this disease?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
59#
 Author| Posted at 2018-10-1 18:02:55 | Only Author
I post, very simple and cheap scheme of the digital signal delay line. This is a very good and reliable option, but the main chip is difficult to buy. She was removed from production.

schematic.pdf

27.25 KB, Down times: 662

Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
58#
Posted at 2018-9-27 16:53:06 | Only Author
Thank you for answer, I hope new release will be soon, should I rely on this year? Because I want to buy particularly this controller (DDCS) with as less bugs as possible.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
57#
Posted at 2018-9-27 06:56:58 | Only Author
bgarroweer Posted at 2018-9-26 16:08
To ytliu:
Did I understand right that the problem cannot be solved by downloading Upgrading Code fro ...

Hi bgarroweer!

Your understanding is correct. However, in most cases, the problem of out-of-step is solved by adjusting the parameters.

In addition, we will soon release a new version of the DDCSV system, this issue will be fixed.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
56#
Posted at 2018-9-26 16:08:58 | Only Author
Last edited by bgarroweer In 2018-9-26 16:11 Editor
After the detailed test is completed, we will upgrade the fpga firmware in the new production ddcsv system.
To ytliu:
Did I understand right that the problem cannot be solved by downloading Upgrading Code from here https://www.nvcnc.net/ddcsv2.1.html and I sould buy new unit or add a piece of electronic circuit to it?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list