Step Mode - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 5494|Reply: 7
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Step Mode

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2018-8-2 23:04:39 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Last edited by Nikolay81 In 2018-8-2 23:18 Editor

It is desirable to make the STEP mode more convenient.
You came up with a very convenient setting - "Jog support in continuous mode".
Thanks to this mode, it is very convenient to manually change the instrument without having an MPG console.
With this mode, the MPG console is not needed at all.
Here's a video of how I expose zero on the z axis, after changing the tool.

https://radikal.ru/video/xcFATeQS8bD

Initially, the step mode is set to 0.1. When I pressed the paper a little bit, it's necessary to set the step value to 0.01 to adjust more accurately.
For this, I have to press many buttons on the controller, or press NUM 5 key 3 times.
If I make a mistake and the step size is set to 10, if the PageDown button is pressed, the cutter will damage the workpiece, or it will break itself.
Or I need to spend a lot of time to adjust the step by 0.01 buttons on the controller.

If this is possible, we need to add the option to remove the unnecessary values from the cycle "0.01-0.1-1-10".
For example, add 4 settings items, where you can set the value of each value.
And if you put "0", then the value is removed from the cycle "0,01-0,1-1-10".
For example, in my case, these settings should have the following values:
StepSize1 = 0.01;
StepSize2 = 0.1;
StepSize3 = 0;
StepSize4 = 0.

Thus, when you press the Num 5 button, the selection will be made, only from 0.01 and 0.1.

Or, you can add a separate step.nc file in which it will be written.

If possible, please add this feature. This will greatly facilitate the change of the instrument.

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Sofa
Posted at 2018-8-3 08:11:49 | Only Author
Increase #2020-#2023 parameter for setting JOG distance.

install.zip

581.89 KB, Down times: 833

Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Bench
 Author| Posted at 2018-8-4 02:26:42 | Only Author
ytliu Posted at 2018-8-3 08:11
Increase #2020-#2023 parameter for setting JOG distance.

Ideally.
One of the most important problems is solved.
You are a genius - Ytliu. And do not be overmodest :-)

I think that these 4 settings should be added to the group [Manual control parameters]
Because [Automatic control parameters] contains the G-code playback settings.
And these 4 settings, refer to the manual movement of the axes. They have nothing to do with the G-code.

Recently you said that you can add the function of the button NUM 5, for external buttons 1 and 2 (in the choice of functions).
Please do this if it's not hard for you.

Once again, many thanks for these settings. They make work very easy.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Floor
 Author| Posted at 2018-8-6 02:56:35 | Only Author
In addition to the impossibility of switching external buttons, in the process of work there was another 1 uncomfortable moment.
In the "Jog support in continuous mode" mode, STEP mode becomes completely unnecessary (CONT-STEP-MPG).
But completely remove it will not work, without a significant change in the interface.
Since during the development of the interface, the mode "Jog support in continuous mode" was simply not provided.
If the STEP mode is removed, the step size will not be displayed anywhere at all.
Also, in the "Jog support in continuous mode" mode, in the SJR line, it is much more important to see the current step size (for example, 0.1) than 100%.
But it is also necessary to preserve the possibility to switch the speed factor of manual movements.

To solve this problem, I propose a method:
- When "Jog support in continuous mode" is enabled, change the CONT-STEP-MPG cycle to STEP-CONT-MPG so that the step size is displayed by default
-but when "Jog support in continuous mode" is enabled, the CONT and STEP modes will work exactly the same. Will only change what is written after SJR.

Also, this feature can be made switchable.
For example, in setting the mode "Jog support in continuous mode" instead of 2 points (Enable-Disable) do (Disable-Mode1-Mode2).
And in Mode1 leave it as it was. And in Mode2 to do it in a new way. And see how it will appeal to users.

Because now, it's pretty inconvenient done.

Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
5#
Posted at 2018-8-6 08:35:44 | Only Author
Nikolay81 Posted at 2018-8-6 02:56
In addition to the impossibility of switching external buttons, in the process of work there was ano ...

Thank you for your suggestion.

install.zip

586.6 KB, Down times: 805

Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
 Author| Posted at 2018-8-6 18:16:48 | Only Author
ytliu Posted at 2018-8-6 08:35
Thank you for your suggestion.

Thank you.
It is very good. People will like it and make their work easier.
If you can, you need to make a couple of improvements:
-Cycle Mode1-Disable-Mode2 is not very convenient. It is advisable to make Mode1-Mode2-Disable or Disable-Mode1-Mode2.
-If you select mode2 then the STEP and CONT modes should be the same. That is, the step, and then the continuing movement.
The difference should be, only in the figure after SJR.
But in Mode2 in STEP mode, everything is fine. And in CONT mode, the "Jog support in continuous mode" function does not work (if you select Mode2).

-If this is possible, please add the function of the NUM button 5 (step size changeover) to the selection of the functions of the external button 1.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
7#
Posted at 2018-8-6 19:04:16 | Only Author
If Mode1-Mode2-Disable or Disable-Mode1-Mode2 is used, it will cause trouble to the previous customers. The design of the parameters must consider compatibility.

I made changes to other suggestions.

install.zip

586.45 KB, Down times: 799

Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
8#
 Author| Posted at 2018-8-6 19:41:17 | Only Author
ytliu Posted at 2018-8-6 19:04
If Mode1-Mode2-Disable or Disable-Mode1-Mode2 is used, it will cause trouble to the previous custome ...

Now everything is very good and convenient.
In the future, it may be necessary to enter the "time interval between STEP and CONT" setting.
But, maybe it will be of no use to anyone.
I will conduct a survey, among visitors to CNC forums, and write you the result.

Now, all simple problems are solved.
You can proceed to the difficult problems.
Their 2:
- skipping steps when changing direction on Ledshine drivers, with a STEP frequency above 130 kHz;
- Bad work soft limit.

I know how to solve both.
But I need to describe this in detail for you.
It will take a little time.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list