Raiders rookie QB Aidan OConnell hopes his NFL story is just beginning - DM500 - Handheld 3-4 Axis CNC Moiton Contr - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 243|Reply: 0
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Raiders rookie QB Aidan OConnell hopes his NFL story is just beginning

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Forum veteran

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2024-1-9 14:24:37 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
HENDERSON, Nev. (AP)  The idea of a walk-on at Purdue slowly rising to become a starting quarterback is enough of a long shot. Forget getting of this year's NFL draft.That's Aidan O'Connell's story so far, one the Las Vegas Raiders rookie hopes won't end any time soon.I think you have to have a proper balance of reflection and also understanding I'm trying to play more football, O'Connell said after practice Wednesday. I dont want that to be my story  just getting here. I want Matt Magill Jersey  to work as hard as I can to stay.O'Connell has been taking snaps behind starter Jimmy Garoppolo and 15-year veteran Brian Hoyer, both of whom had experience in coach Josh McDaniels' system when he was the New England Patriots' offensive coordinator.The Raiders , and under typical circumstances, this season would be one for O'Connell to learn from two experienced QBs. But Garoppolo's injury history  he in organized team activities of minicamp because of a broken left foot  means Hoyer and O'Connell need to be ready to go in at any moment.Hoyer, as the No. 2, would be the natural option to play if Garoppolo gets hurt. But Raiders coaches also might want to see what they have in O'Connell as they consider the team's long-term needs at QB.O'Connell said his focus is on the short term for now.That was his  Domingo Santana Jersey approach at Purdue, where he walked on after not receiving any major scholarship offers. His rise up the depth chart was anything but meteoric: The patient but determined O'Connell became the starter in his fifth year.He went on to start 24 games his final two seasons, throwing for 7,202 yards over that span with 50 touchdowns and 24 interceptions. O'Connell twice was selected second-team All-Big Ten Conference and set several Purdue records, including highest pa sing rating at 141.8.I started pretty low on the totem pole at Purdue and through just different circumstances was able to rise up the depth chart, O'Connell said. "Thats definitely helpful. There are things you can bring over from college, but at the same time, its a completely new experience. So as much as I can rely on what Ive been through Jay Buhner Jersey , at the same time, youve got to look forward and continue to pre s forward. O'Connell said it didn't take long to see the difference in talent and intensity between the highest level of college football and the NFL, saying everyone is the 1 percent of the 1 percent.There also is the mental adjustment, and O'Connell said he has new responsibilities at the line of scrimmage that he didn't have with the Boilermakers.It all can be overwhelming for a first-year Austin Adams Jersey  player, and O'Connell learned the value of keeping the proce s as simple as he can make it.I had a lot of great advice from people that have been in my shoes before, and try not to put too much pre sure on myself, he said. "Just be myself, enjoy the proce s. At the end of the day its just football, so Im going to work as hard as I can, try not to leave any stone unturned, but at the same time enjoy it and have fun playing the game. NOTES: Las Vegas will have joint practices with the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday and Friday at the Raiders' headquarters. It's the first time Garoppolo  Edwin Encarnacion Jersey will go up against his former team. ... Defensive tackle Neil Farrell Jr. was activated from the non-football injury list and practiced Wednesday for the first time this training camp. ... Defensive end Tyree Wilson, taken seventh overall in this year's draft, remains on the non-football injury list. He injured a foot last season at Texas Tech.___AP NFL:    in this topic
Click here Click here Click here

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list