Dobbs gets another chance to start in the NFL at least for a little while - DM500 - Handheld 3-4 Axis CNC Moiton Contr - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 264|Reply: 0
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Dobbs gets another chance to start in the NFL at least for a little while

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Forum veteran

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2024-1-9 13:07:46 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP)  After six long seasons  Kyle Juszczyk Jersey bouncing around the NFL, Joshua Dobbs has a golden opportunity to emerge as the starting quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals.For a little while, anyway.The 28-year-old Dobbs as the franchise continues its search for a quarterback who can man the position until starter Kyler Murray returns from a knee injury suffered last season. Dobbs arrives in the desert le s than two weeks before the Cardinals open their season at Washington in Week 1.It's certainly not an ideal scenario, but if anyone can do it, teammates say it's Dobbs.He's smart, obviously, tight end Zach Ertz said, grinning. That's well-noted. He's an astronaut or whatever.That's not exactly true, but it's fair to say Dobbs is more intelligent than the average NFL player. The 28-year-old has a degree in aerospace engineering from Tenne see and has done internships with NASA through the NFL Players A sociation. It's the ultimate problem-solver position," Dobbs said of how intelligence can help a quarterback. Each time, you get 40 seconds and the defense is throwing different curveballs at you from pre sures to fronts to coverages. You have a (offensive) play and you're getting your team into the best play po sible, whether it's the play called or getting to a different play. And then, execute.Dobbs is competing with rookie Clayton Tune for the starting role. Tune  a fifth-round pick out of Houston  has had some good moments during the team's three preseason games but is very early in his development.First-year coach Jonathan Gannon said he probably wouldn't announce  Jimmie Ward Jersey a starter going into Week 1, viewing it as a competitive advantage against the Commanders. But he knows what the winner of the competition must do.Command and production  their ability to run the huddle and make plays, Gannon said. They need to operate in a way we have to operate to give us a chance to win.Dobbs figures to have a leg up in the competition because he's familiar with Arizona's new offensive coordinator Drew Petzing, who was Dobbs' quarterbacks coach during his time in Cleveland. It gives you a running start in that there's a lot of similarities and cro sover," Dobbs said. But there are a ton of differences as well.Dobbs has played for several  Keena Turner Jersey teams in his six seasons, including the Steelers, Titans, Jaguars, Browns, Lions and now the Cardinals. He was drafted by the Steelers in 2017 and was part of their playoff teams in 2017 and 2020, backing up star Ben Roethlisberger.The Titans thought enough of Dobbs' potential that when they were trying to make a playoff push and desperate for a quarterback following Ryan Tannehill's ankle injury.Dobbs played fairly well in that two-game cameo with the Titans  especially considering the pre sure-packed situation  completing 59% of his pa ses for 411 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. Those are the only Colin Kaepernick Jersey  two games he's started in his NFL career.I've seen a ton of football, I've watched a lot of guys, especially Big Ben, do it at a high level, Dobbs said. But to get out there in a game, it's you in that position, it was a tremendous experience and opportunity. I played well, but I learned a lot. I learned how I can play better.No matter who wins the job between Dobbs and Tune, it's almost certainly going to be a short-term gig. Murray was put on the PUP list on Tuesday, meaning he'll mi s at least the first four games of the season as he recovers from a torn ACL in his right knee.Kyler  when he's healthy to play, mentally and physically  he'll play, Gannon said.But starting opportunities are rare in the NFL, even if they're short-term roles. If Dobbs wins the competition, he won't take it for granted.It Deion Sanders Jersey 's been a journey, Dobbs said. I've learned a lot about myself, I've learned a ton of football and I've learned the ultimate level of patience.___AP Pro Football Writer Teresa M. Walker in Nashville, Tenne see, contributed to this report.___AP NFL:    in this topic
Click here Click here Click here

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list