Emmitt Smith on Dak Prescott contract talks Cowboys cant play chicken and will g - DM500 - Handheld 3-4 Axis CNC Moiton Contr - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 303|Reply: 0
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Emmitt Smith on Dak Prescott contract talks Cowboys cant play chicken and will g

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Forum veteran

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2023-12-28 09:47:18 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
When it comes to the , few names ring a bell like that of Emmitt Smith. So when the Hall of Fame running back takes a stance on an in-house situation, ears tend to perk up. The latest flag Smith is planting has the face of on it, with Prescott currently in continued negotiation with the team regarding  Kenrich Williams Jersey a new contract. The two-time Pro Bowler has yet to sign his exclusive franchise tag worth $31.409 million and has no intention of doing so, . Instead, Prescott wants to get his deal done ahead of the July 15 deadline, and so do the Cowboys, but the two sides remain at an impa se.Granted, the once cavernous difference is now merely a crack in the sidewalk, but the world now waits to see which side will take the final step and concede to the other, and Smith believes that'll be owner Jerry Jones and Co." the busine s of leverage, when you have leverage then you try to set the rules," Smith said of the situation, via 105.3FM the Fan. "And the only way you fight leverage is by establishing your ground, and I think at some point this stuff will subside and it's not that important right now."For Smith Kira Lewis Jr. Jersey , the only reason there is an ince sant discu sion surrounding Prescott's contract talks is that, well, it's disturbingly quiet in the sports world due to the shutdowns caused by the COVID-19 pandemic -- in his opinion.  "It's important to pre s people that need something to talk about because you don't have much to talk about because we don't have camps and minicamps and so forth," Smith said. "And now we're talking about pandemic left and right, 24-7, seven days a week, however you look at it. So you look for something else to discu s."Talks remain progre sive with Prescott but paused . The most recent offer to the 26-year-old was a five-year deal with roughly $35 million and $105 million guaranteed, , and the team is willing to go upwards of $110 million guaranteed in the hopes of getting the added year of commitment from Prescott who, contrarily, is standing firm at four years after buoying from three -- back when the Cowboys attempted to lock him in for seven.Prescott currently has all of the leverage,  and Rawle Alkins Jersey  coming off of a career-best season that could've seen him set yet another franchise record if not for his receiving corps routinely leading the league in dropped pa ses. The decision to sign was nothing close to a leverage move by the Cowboys, separate sources confirm strongly to CBS Sports, with one going so far as to say "yeah right" when posed the question. Dalton is granting Dallas a hometown discount to return home to North Texas and re-establish himself, by way of the backup role, before re-entering the free agency fray of 2021.  With a contract that guarantees him only $900,000 more than the now-released , the intent behind the move is evident (ma sive upgrade at QB2), and has nothing to do with Prescott's contract talks. And considering the Cowboys continue to stack weapons around the QB position while not doing anything to somehow threaten a change at starter, the money is Prescott's for the taking -- although it'll take a bit more for him to add a year to the deal and rob himself of a chance to land a third deal sooner under the terms of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement ( ).When it gets to the hammer and nails of it all, though, Smith sees no outcome contrary to the deal ultimately getting done."Dak is not worried whether or not he's going to get signed," said Smith. "I'm not even concerned. I believe he will get it done. And I believe the Cowboys will get it done because we don't have room to be playing games or playing chicken."  Smith drew criticism for once suggesting Prescott take a team-friendly discount only months after telling the Cowboys to pay his asking price, but one thing is for certain, and that's the fact Smith sees a championship-caliber quarterback in Prescott; and that the Cowboys should act accordingly."No doubt," Smith said Eric Bledsoe Jersey . "I believe he is a Super Bowl-caliber QB . And I think he's getting better. I think he has so much more room to grow and I think he'll get there."I think overall, we have a lot of the pieces of the puzzle in place. ...If they can get to that level and develop that chemistry in this timeframe which they have to work with, then I think Dak will only flourish and grow. I think you see that team mature and rally behind their quarterback because he Nickeil Alexander-Walker Jersey  has had some challenges this offseason dealing with the lo s of his brother, as well as this pandemic and other things that have crept up. I think he'll be fine.  "I love the kid. No doubt, I think he'll be fine."The Cowboys love him too, and for those operating under the narrative that the reason for the delay in signing is that the team is somehow not sold on him -- ask yourself this: If they weren't, why are they desperately trying to keep him for a longer period of time, and not the opposite?Aha.
Click here Click here Click here

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list