Slave axis - DDCSV3.1 Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
12Next
Return to List Add thread
View: 8337|Reply: 11
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Slave axis

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2020-10-20 19:19:03 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Can someone please help me figure out how to slave my A axis to my Y axis on my ddcsv3.1 motion controler ? My Y axis runs 2 stepper motors  so I need to slave the A axis to the Y axis. I have the users manual but can't find any information on this subject so if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it  thank you

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
recommend
Posted at 2021-1-4 04:26:04 | Only Author
there is no such function in this controller. Need an extra fee to align the portal to Y
We make such boards

When using two motors and two home position sensors, it becomes necessary to control the motors separately. This will allow each motor to respond to the sensor at the origin. This method of returning to the home position ensures that the axes are perpendicular. Some CNC systems have built-in capabilities for implementing such a connection scheme, in other systems there is no such software capability, therefore the this controller is used.

Specifications

The supply voltage of the controller is 12-48 VDC.
Type of connected sensors NPN.NO, NPN.NC (type NO or NC can be switched with jumpers on the board)
Pull signal interruption (5V)

Work algorithm

On power up, the timing controller continuously polls the home position sensors. As soon as one of the sensors is triggered, the controller interrupts the PULL- signal to the driver corresponding to the sensor. Then the second sensor is expected to be triggered, after which the PULL signal to the second driver is interrupted. Thus, both sides of the same axle, but of the two motors, return to their home position. An OUT signal is sent to the controller, which means the sensor is triggered along the axis.

After completing this cycle, it can be repeated during the entire operating time of the controller.

Emergency lock

if one of the sensors is active when power is applied, then the portal along the Y axis is completely blocked, in the status window of the sensors of the machine control system, the status of the sensor along the Y axis flashes, and the OUT LED on the synchronization board flashes;
if both sensors are active during power up, then the portal along the Y axis will be blocked when one of the sensors is triggered again.
Reply Support 1 Opposition 0

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Sofa
Posted at 2020-10-20 19:48:19 | Only Author
You can connect double Y axis to one Y axis terminal of DDCS controller.Both Y drives feed of the Y output of the DDCS. That also works.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Bench
Posted at 2020-12-31 22:58:12 | Only Author
JessyChen Posted at 2020-10-20 19:48
You can connect double Y axis to one Y axis terminal of DDCS controller.Both Y drives feed of the Y  ...

I know this is a possibility but having the A drive slaved to the Y would make it possible to home both of them separately to make sure the gantry is square each time you start up.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
5#
Posted at 2021-1-5 11:42:25 | Only Author
I really like this board where would I be able to order this or what is its complete name?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
6#
Posted at 2021-1-10 03:32:06 | Only Author
I use 2 ballscrews along the y-axis and two servomotors for the game, I connect two servomotors in parallel to the game axis
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
7#
Posted at 2021-3-19 17:52:38 | Only Author
There is a connection diagram?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
8#
Posted at 2021-3-21 10:18:50 | Only Author
Hello, What is the model number of this board and where can I buy them?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
9#
Posted at 2022-10-17 04:21:36 | Only Author
hello imintrested in this board for my machine can you tell me where to purchase this
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
10#
Posted at 2022-10-17 04:23:53 | Only Author
did you ever get the name of the board
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list