ddcsv3.1 dual Y motors + home switches - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 9768|Reply: 9
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

ddcsv3.1 dual Y motors + home switches

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2020-6-2 16:49:34 | Only Author |Only larger image Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Hello guys,
I just bought a ddcs v3.1 with 4-axis and I am trying to figure out how to use 2 motors for Y axis with their own separate home switches, this way they can resync every time I home keeping the gantry square. I was thinking using the A axis in slave mode with Y axis while keeping both homing signal enable for each axis, is that possible ?
Thanks for helping !

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Sofa
Posted at 2020-6-14 14:39:46 | Only Author
Hallo, did u already find out if this works whit a-axes es slave? I wanna do the same!!?
Gr.freedom
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Bench
Posted at 2020-8-6 01:25:32 | Only Author
I´m also try to do so
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Floor
Posted at 2020-10-20 10:50:41 | Only Author
I also need to find out how to slave the Y and A axis I have read the manual and can't figure it out also there are very limited youtube videos in English about this unit so if someone knows how to do this and would be willing to share the knowledge it would be very much appreciated
Thank you
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
5#
Posted at 2020-12-31 22:55:20 | Only Author
any answers yet? I want to do the same thing...
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
6#
Posted at 2021-1-3 00:23:36 | Only Author
there is no such function in this controller. Need an extra fee to align the portal to Y
We make such boards

When using two motors and two home position sensors, it becomes necessary to control the motors separately. This will allow each motor to respond to the sensor at the origin. This method of returning to the home position ensures that the axes are perpendicular. Some CNC systems have built-in capabilities for implementing such a connection scheme, in other systems there is no such software capability, therefore the this controller is used.

Specifications

The supply voltage of the controller is 12-48 VDC.
Type of connected sensors NPN.NO, NPN.NC (type NO or NC can be switched with jumpers on the board)
Pull signal interruption (5V)

Work algorithm

On power up, the timing controller continuously polls the home position sensors. As soon as one of the sensors is triggered, the controller interrupts the PULL- signal to the driver corresponding to the sensor. Then the second sensor is expected to be triggered, after which the PULL signal to the second driver is interrupted. Thus, both sides of the same axle, but of the two motors, return to their home position. An OUT signal is sent to the controller, which means the sensor is triggered along the axis.

After completing this cycle, it can be repeated during the entire operating time of the controller.

Emergency lock

if one of the sensors is active when power is applied, then the portal along the Y axis is completely blocked, in the status window of the sensors of the machine control system, the status of the sensor along the Y axis flashes, and the OUT LED on the synchronization board flashes;
if both sensors are active during power up, then the portal along the Y axis will be blocked when one of the sensors is triggered again.

paltesysnh.png (621.87 KB, Down times: 364)

paltesysnh.png
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
7#
Posted at 2021-4-2 15:47:13 | Only Author
Hi! How can I buy this board?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
8#
Posted at 2021-4-3 08:59:13 | Only Author
Please the link for buying the board
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
9#
Posted at 2022-8-27 21:31:12 | Only Author
Did anybody find out where to get those boards?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
10#
Posted at 2023-10-5 02:11:26 | Only Author
Last edited by Bloody In 2023-10-5 02:15 Editor

Hey,
On DDCS v3.1 you can use this board to do dual Y squaring though you need to add a push button with LED to enable squaring or disable it and using it as master and slave. You should not start a gcode with the squaring board enabled.
https://seogeo.de/products/gantry-squaring-board

On DDCS v4.1 I successfully managed to slave A axis to Y axis and home them separately.
So you need to set parameters #33 = 0,  #34 = 1,  #35 = 3 and #225 = 1.

So when you start the machine you home it and it will start homing all axes simultaneously. This is required because you need to home Y and A axis at the same time. If you set #225 to anything other than 1 it will home them in a sequence not all together.

Note that the settings for A axis must be absolutely the same as Y axis (soft limits steps per rev etc)
After the initial boot and homing (and squaring) of all axes you need to pair Y and A so they move as a single axis. This is done by going into the parameters and changing #33 =1. Indication of doing it successfully will remove the A axis on the display DRO. Now both Y axis are moving as master and slave and if you perform homing it will only register the Y sensor. In order to do squaring again you need to set #33 bach to 0 do home all and then set it back to 1.
Unfortunately I couldn't find a way do do those automticaly and in order to use DDCS v3.1 or v4.1 you will have to resort to those solutions.

Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list