MPG type - more questions - DDCSE(DDCS-Expert) Professional 5 Axis CNC Motion - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 1098|Reply: 1
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

MPG type - more questions

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2023-6-19 21:19:43 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Last edited by Jorgen In 2023-6-19 23:58 Editor

Dear,
I have trouble with the MPG. It works partly. The selection of axis works, the selection of X10 and X100 works, the RESET works although inverted relative to the preferred input to the DDCSE.

The handwheel does not work.

I have uploaded a PDF doc describing the MPG I am trying to make work.
Please, how do I get it to work with the DDCSE?

When I check the wiring of the MPG shown in the attachment all the signals X10, X100, X, Y, Z, and 4 get connected to COM- when the contact on the side of the MPG is pushed in. In the manual for the DDCSE page 29 is stated that all these signals should be connected to GND. It appears that it works when they get connected to COM-, but which is the correct wiring, connection to COM- or connection to GND?

Regards,
Jorgen

MPG.pdf

251.58 KB, Down times: 186

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Sofa
 Author| Posted at 2023-6-22 21:16:37 | Only Author
Dear,
I have figured out the replies to my questions by cut and trial.

The manual for the DDCSE page 29 is wrong. The X10, X100, X, Y, Z, 4th axis, and RESET (emergency stop) shall be connected to COM- to activate them. The manual says they shall be connected to GND, but that is wrong.

The GND is the ground or 0 for the +5V supply on pin 1. This 5V supply is used for the manual pulse generator and the LED, but the resistor in series with the LED needs to be reduced to 1600 ohm.

My MPG was wired such that the manual pulse generator (turning the wheel) did not work neither did the LED light up. I opened the unit and realized the 0V (GND) for the +5V was not connected to the manual pulse generator and the LED-. When I had corrected the wiring the MPG worked. Please, be aware that there is no indication of X1 when selected, X1 is not accessible on the Sub_D15 connector.

Regards,
Jorgen
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list