Port Probe does not work - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 5173|Reply: 3
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Port Probe does not work

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2020-3-28 21:39:57 | Only Author |Only larger image Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Good afternoon. Please help with (Probe). Controller DDCSV 2.1. Firmware 2019-06-06-111. Connected to GND. When closed, the signal does not pass. There may be problems with the input on the controller itself. How to programmatically reassign the incoming signal from the Probe input to the Z limit (since it is not used)?

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Sofa
 Author| Posted at 2020-4-4 03:53:36 | Only Author
Sorry, but is it worth the wait?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Bench
Posted at 2020-4-5 09:51:05 | Only Author
Last edited by Dean In 2020-4-5 10:00 Editor

Maybe not worth the wait.  Don't sweat it as nobody responded to my homing issue.
But as a fellow user who has little to do in pandemic induced social isolation, maybe I can help.

First I don't think its possible to re-direct the Z limit to the probe.  That probably would mean changes to the firmware that are unlikely to occur just to satisfy your situation

Now, I'm going to assume that you have actually double checked that the probe switch is going to ground at the terminal block on the unit.  ..and that you have measured this with a DMM or a scope.  

It is pretty hard to destroy the inputs on the DCS because they are optically coupled.  So I would not assume that you blew the probe input.
More likely you are doing something wrong in the probe operation OR there is some Settings issue OR  firmware bug.

Here is what I would try.  Upgrade to the latest firmware up on the Facebook page. Link

It is called install(2020-03-06-112)-zip   Be advised you may have to go through and re-setup your settings.
But I think it is always wise to get the latest and greatest software.  It seems to me that the DCS firmware is still in a rapidly evolving stage.

Now if you could provide us with some detail as to how you are testing to establish in your mind that something is wrong with the probe input?Also what are you using probing for?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Floor
 Author| Posted at 2020-4-7 03:56:45 | Only Author
Last edited by Mihey18 In 2020-4-7 04:03 Editor

Good day. Thanks for the detailed answer and desire to help. I updated the casing. Settings did not go wrong. Problem still exists. I will solve it in the simplest way - I will replace opto-isolation with a new one. Most likely, opto-isolation is out of order during commissioning. Thanks a lot again.

wHp6jWRRmBQ.jpg (727.4 KB, Down times: 225)

wHp6jWRRmBQ.jpg
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list