Feed Rates in imperial - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 6111|Reply: 5
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Feed Rates in imperial

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2018-3-22 01:04:31 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Re: Feed rates

I am having trouble trying to get the controller to respond properly .  I am using imperial measure in all my programs..  I have Parameter #115 (unit selection) set to “1”
I have Parameter  #15 (select of speed) set to “0” . I have “ G20” in the saftey line in my program.  Every thing works fine, except the feed speed  still seems to running the machine in metric feed (mm/min).  The “F” window indicates Feed in inches (ie: 30) on the right side and variable figure on the left side as the program runs..  I can adjust the feed speed manually with FRO or the F control.

I have done a test program in metric, changed Parameter #115 to “0” and the program ran with no problems indication the correct feed speed in the F pane (ie: 750 mm/mim)

Is there a parameter that I have not set, or not set right, that is causing this problem?  Is the controller not programmed to  convert metric to inches in the software program?

Any help you can give me on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Sofa
Posted at 2018-3-23 18:03:26 | Only Author
Hi Frank.

I have the older DDCSV1.1 and that feature has never worked on my older version.  I am hoping someone will pop in and say that it works on the newest version.

I'll be watching this thread with high hopes.

Rob
The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Bench
Posted at 2018-3-24 06:04:29 | Only Author
Last edited by ytliu In 2018-3-24 06:11 Editor

Hi Frank:
The #115 parameter only affects the coordinate display and the jog distance. The G20 command only converts the relevant size word (XYZ) from inches to mm. The system's speed planning is processed in metric (mm), and the value displayed in the "F" window is always in mm/min. We will solve this problem in a later version.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Floor
Posted at 2018-3-24 06:09:21 | Only Author
PPRINT Posted at 2018-3-23 18:03
Hi Frank.

I have the older DDCSV1.1 and that feature has never worked on my older version.  I am ho ...

Hi PPRINT:
The latest version is compatible with DDCSV1.1. You can download the latest installation package and update your system on the forum.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
5#
 Author| Posted at 2018-3-24 13:34:12 | Only Author
ytliu

Thanks for the update.  It answers my questions.  I will work around it and wait for your update>

Frank
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
6#
Posted at 2018-9-18 04:31:12 | Only Author
A work-around that I am thinking about trying might also solve your feed rate problem.  I too use DDCSV2.1 Imperial (inch) mode on a surface grinder whose Z-Axis has very fine motion.  The lowest acceleration/deceleration allowed is 9 mm/s^2 which isn't low enough (remember 9 mm/s^2 = 54 mm/min./s).  OK, so the work around that I am thinking about trying might also solve your issue.  Here is it:

I am thinking about leaving my DDCSV2.1 in metric (mm) mode (parameter #115) and, instead, scaling the pulse equivalent axis parameters (#34,#35,& #36) by a factor of 25.4.  In this way the displays will be calibrated in inches but I will have 25.4 times finer control of the acceleration parameters that are causing my issue.  After reading your post I realized that this work-around might also fix the G-Code feed rate issue as all G-Code motion AND feed-rate will be scaled up to inches by the 25.4 scale factor.  The only drawback of this work-around is the DDCSV2.1 display will still say "mm"--a large sticker indicating that readings are in inches will be my solution for that.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list