Drafting Jalen Hurts was right call for - DDCSP(DDCS-Plus) Double Channel 6 Axis CNC Motion - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 689|Reply: 0
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Drafting Jalen Hurts was right call for

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Forum veteran

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2023-3-1 12:44:53 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Drafting Jalen Hurts was right call for undefeated Eagles November 13  PHILADELPHIA (AP)  Jalen Hurts saw the area code pop up on his mobile device on draft night and thought for a moment the numbers represented that other NFL city in Pennsylvania. Nah, the 2-1-5 digits the QB read came from Philadelphia and that meant one thing, the Heisman Trophy finalist out of  Eduardo Rodriguez Jersey Oklahoma was about to become an Eagle.Who knows, had the Steelers snagged Hurts with the 49th overall pick in 2020 and groomed him as a succe sor to Ben Roethlisberger, maybe they wouldnt be At the very least, Hurts wouldnt have against them last month as part of the Eagles 8-0 start  the first in franchise history. That record makes Philly the only undefeated team in the NFL.Hurts, though, fell to the Eagles and in his third season, he is having  , only Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes and Buffalo QB Josh Allen have better odds to win the award  and boasts a team-record winning streak for starting quarterbacks headed into Mondays game against Washington.More a jawn guy than yinzer, Hurts revealed on a that he thought for sure on draft night he was Pittsburgh-bound. Hurts had one interview with the Eagles at the  Brock Holt Jersey combine, and based on that, I didnt think I was going to be an Eagle.Serious and straight-faced at the podium, Hurts still doesnt impre s much when addre sing reporters.Good thing for the Birds, general manager Howie Roseman made the choice  yes, that was his phone call from the Philly area code  to draft Hurts based on his arm, legs and other intangibles, which turned the QB into one of the best picks of his regime.Hes been a pretty cool, confident, competitive guy from the moment hes been here, Kelce said.The numbers show Hurts has the Eagles positioned for more big numbers with a  Jackie Bradley Jr Jersey win over the Commanders. With a victory, Hurts would extend his franchise record  and longest streak for an active NFL QB  with 12 straight victories. The Eagles also would match their longest winning-streak in team history with nine, set in 1960 and matched in 2003 and 2017. The credit in large part belongs to Hurts.I dont know if I truly knew everything about how steady he is until youre around him every single day, coach Nick Sirianni said. When you live it every day, it smacks you in the face every day, like, man, this guy is steady no matter what the situation. Id be lying to you if I said, yeah, we picked that up. You knew how good, how high his football character was, you knew how high his football intelligence was and his general overall character, as well, but to say that you knew  until you live that with him  Im sure the Alabama coaches know, Im sure the Oklahoma coaches know. But until you live that with him, thats when it becomes really impre sive Roger Clemens Jersey  and you really feel it.Hurts has pa sed for 2,042 yards and 12 touchdowns and has run for 326 yards and six TDs this season. He has thrown just two interceptions while accumulating a 107.8 QB rating, which is second in the NFL behind Tua Tagovailoas 115.9. The Eagles sure werent positive Hurts would rise into the ranks of elite NFL players. And they sure didnt see a perfect season in sight this deep into the season.I knew we had a chance to be really good, but I didnt think wed be 8-0 at this point, Kelce said. Not that I worry about where were going to be.Washington coach Ron Rivera said Hurts reminded him of a young Cam Newton, another dual-threat QB in his prime who kept defenses off-kilter. Rivera should know: He was Carolinas coach when Newton won the NFL MVP award and led the Panthers to the Rusney Castillo Jersey  Super Bowl in the 2015 season.I watched the way the young man plays and Cam was a highlight reel into himself, Rivera said. A lot of times when you watch the way Jalens playing, you can see a lot of those flashes, or at least I do. He will tell you though, Cams taller, but the young man is a heck of a football player and he does really truly remind me of the way Cam plays. He plays with a lot of pa sion, which Cam did, too.Much like most teams had trouble solving Newton, Rivera's squad has yet to slow Hurts.Hurts was 22 of 35 for 340 yards and three touchdown pa ses, one each to , A.J. Brown and Dallas Goedert, in a 24- Rick Porcello Jersey 8 rout in September against the Commanders. For the Commanders to have any chance of an upset, they will have to pre sure and contain Hurts, something that defenses have not been able to do yet this season.Washingtons line is stout, with interior lineman Daron Payne and Jonathan Allen providing strong play up the middle. Payne has 5 1/2 of the Commanders 23 sacks. Montez Sweat is a threat off the edge. Washington also could see the return of defensive end Chase Young, who hasnt played since tearing the ACL in his right knee last Nov. 14.Maybe some pre sure will rattle Hurts.Maybe not, since not much else has troubled the unflappable, unbeaten QB.___ Dustin Pedroia Jersey AP NFL: hub/nfl and AP_NFL  in this topic  Jalen Hurts National Football League Philadelphia Eagles Daron Payne Montez Sweat A.J. Brown Jonathan Allen Dallas Goedert Jason Kelce Chase Young Washington Commanders Philadelphia Eagles    Spain or Morocco? World Cup pa sions blur in Spanish exclave The World Cup knockout game between Spain and Morocco will bring millions of fans on both sides of the Strait of Gibraltar together around screens in bars and living rooms to see w... 38 MINS AGO  ASSOCIATED PRESS  Believe the hype, Bellingham is lighting up the World Cup Jordan Henderson knew exactly who to thank after opening the scoring in Englands 3-0 win against Senegal 1 HOUR AGO  ASSOCIATED PRESS  Mbapp is bringing soccer to a new dimension at World Cup Cristiano Ronaldos precision 1 HOUR AGO  ASSOCIATED PRESS  Poland finds its true level at World Cup, beaten by the best Poland heads home from the World Cup as the latest Steven Wright Jersey  team unable to resist an inspired Kylian Mbapp 1 HOUR AGO  ASSOCIATED PRESS  World Cup fans find booze at hotels, Qatar's 1 liquor store Qatar's strict rules regarding alcohol have drawn attention as it hosts the World Cup 3 HOURS AGO  ASSOCIATED PRESS

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list