Adding M01 command possible? - DM500 - Handheld 3-4 Axis CNC Moiton Contr - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 4408|Reply: 4
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Adding M01 command possible?

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2019-7-3 03:44:36 | Only Author |Only larger image Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Hello there,
i just found a pdf manual for the DM500 controller from 2017. Is there maybe a newer one to download? In this old manual there is no M01 code described.

Is it possble to add this code like this?:

M01.nc
G04P0
WHILE [#...SOMEVALUE... NE 1] DO1 (SOMEVALUE = 1 when RUN Button is pushed)
G04P0
END1

The M01 Code would be crucial for my use case and i'm thinking about buying a DM500 controller.

Best Regards

Philipp

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
QQ
Sofa
Posted at 2019-7-3 08:54:44 | Only Author
Hello there
The new manual has been updated, please check the attachments;
DM500 does not have M01 function;
According to the standard, M01 requires a separate M01 button to select, and can not be selected with the RUN button.
But you can do this by pressing the input button. The macro address and M code of each input port are mapped as follows:

For detailed instructions, please see section 5.5.3.7 of the instruction manual;
For example, M706:

G04P0
WHILE [#1505 NE 0] DO1 (waiting for X06)
G04P0
END1

Can this implementation meet your requirements?

3.png (28.8 KB, Down times: 229)

3.png

DM500 Motion Controller user Manual.pdf

1.5 MB, Down times: 566

DM500 Motion Controller user Manual

Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Bench
 Author| Posted at 2019-7-5 00:28:43 | Only Author
Thanks a lot for the fast answer!
I just recognize that i somehow messed up M01 and M00 command. I'm sorry for the confusion. Originally, i intented to ask for adding the M00 command, which will stop the GCode programm until the user pushes RUN again.

In my planned setup probably all X1-8 inputs will be in use for other functionalities, so it really would be nice to have the M00 command.

The manual still seems to be the old one, according to the version date on the first page.

It would be nice to have an overview of all used #Paramters. This would help to program e.g. Modbus RTU communication, which is shown in the other topic. And for doing some small calculation inside the gcode you have to know which #Parameters are not in use internally...

Best Regards
Philipp
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
QQ
Floor
Posted at 2019-7-6 11:53:57 | Only Author
Hello there
The DM500 supports the M00 pause feature; as you described.
I will sort out the parameter description and the resource table of the # variable in the near future.
Thank you for your valuable comments!
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
5#
 Author| Posted at 2020-2-3 01:11:41 | Only Author
Hello its me again,

so far i am really happy with the DM500 control. It was really easy to solve the M00 problem. Now i got the the problem what i already expected. I'm using a lot #parameter in my code. For example #600 and #601. It seems that the parameter somehow overwrite the #100 and #101 speed parameters. I'm testing a lot, but didn't find a stable setup. Could you tell me which #parameters are free to use?

Also, i didn't manage to update the system. Somehow, the control didn't look for the install folder at the start. Does somebody have an idea for that?

Greetings
Philipp
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list