In reference to backlash compensation. - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 6024|Reply: 7

In reference to backlash compensation.

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Posted at 2019-6-16 16:12:33 | All floors |Read mode
Ytliu.
I first must congratulate you on the way you have eliminated the added on b/l (backlash) numbers to the display.
This has vastly improved the control unit.
It is good now that what you see on the display coordinates are current with table positions when running nc code.
Thanks again.
Also reading from previous posts, b/l compensation is only active when nc running code, question does this also
includes "probe" ? functions.
So Cont/Step/MPG modes the b/l compensation is not active.
As I currently do not have an accurate probe tool, concentric with the spindle, I cannot use the defprobe in the slib.
I "edge " for home positions off the part to me machined with a "wiggler", basically a tool that rotates with the spindle and has a centrifuge action. it's a typical common machine shop edge finder.
For finding "home or edges" I use the wiggler in conjunction with MPG. ensuring my b/l is in the loaded in the correct direction, but this can get confusing sometimes.
Question for you, is it possible for you to incorporate b/L compensation in the control when using the Cont/Step/MPG, functions, as in this way it does not matter which direction you turn the MPG to set a true home position.
Hope you can understand my question, or maybe any other forum member can help me on this issue.
Best regards, thanks Ytliu and forum members

John
Spain

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Posted at 2019-6-16 18:42:38 | All floors
Hi Lindo.
2019-05-22-110 version or later,the b/l compensation is active in all modes, including Cont/Step/MPG modes and probe functions.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
 Author| Posted at 2019-6-17 01:09:56 | All floors
Brilliant, I will instal in the morning.

Thanks

John
Spain
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
 Author| Posted at 2019-6-17 01:20:03 | All floors
Ytliu
Sorry I do not have or see that version that version in the forum, I am running currently using 2019-05-21
Can you please attach and send the latest version so i can instal.

John
Spain
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Posted at 2019-6-17 02:53:54 | All floors
Last edited by alexwalex In 2019-6-17 02:55 Editor

Lindo, see here :DDCSV facebook
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Posted at 2019-6-17 07:26:29 | All floors
Hi Lindo,
Sorry, I made a mistake. The version you are using now (2019-05-21) has already implemented this feature.

You can set the backlash distance to be larger and then observe its behavior in manual mode.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
 Author| Posted at 2019-6-18 14:17:31 | All floors
Hi Ytliu.

Amplified or exaggerated my backlash settings and yes all movement functions incorporate
the backlash numbers. Thanks.
Normal protocol for standard type fixed column ( not gantry type as for example routers ) milling machines  
when programming is that it is the head moves to the coordinates and the X Y tables are static, in reality
the tables are moving.  
So when I press the controller X+ button for example the table moves to the left and Y+ the table moves
away from the column.
Question Is this how you would confirm ? this CNC protocol.

Second question. Pleas answer when you have the time.
For example, a block of metal  100 mm long x 50 mm wide, size is not really important,
From drafting CAD and conversion to CAM to produce the g code, the x0/y0 home position looking down
on the block is bottom LH (left hand corner).
Should I probe or edge off from the outside of the corner or from the inside of the corner using a slip gauge
pushing against the faces, or does either techniques in theory of edging makes no difference to the true home position.
It´s just that I am getting different results, and I do not understand why.
It seems for me the best results are for X edging off the outside the face with the table moving from left to right
and Y edging off the inside face with a slip pushed against that face, the Y table moving away from the column.
Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
John
Spain
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Posted at 2019-6-18 15:42:27 | All floors
You can change the direction signal level definition (#390-#393).
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list