Wireless USB MPG/Pendant Support - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
12Next
Return to List Add thread
View: 11732|Reply: 14
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Wireless USB MPG/Pendant Support

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2019-5-30 19:55:24 | Only Author |Only larger image Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Last edited by Kwood94xj In 2019-5-30 19:57 Editor

Hello everyone,

I bought an OMIO X6-2200L CNC a while ago with the Mach3 control card. I hate Mach3 as I have a background with real CNC Controllers. Anyway it came with a small wireless remote like the one in the Link Below. I bought a V2.1 a while ago and I am just now getting it converted. My question is does the current Firmware support a remote like this over USB? Thank you for your time and all the effort you put into this system Yt Liu!

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/CNC-Wireless-RF-Electronic-Handwheel-Remote_60003349387.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.80.18c06f89HLG2hK

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Sofa
Posted at 2019-5-31 06:32:22 | Only Author
Hi Kwood94xj,
I don't know how this device works. If it's just a USB wireless keyboard, I think it's possible to use it by redefining the keyboard mapping.
I have contacted my friend, he said he will order one and test.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Bench
Posted at 2019-6-2 00:55:11 | Only Author
Please keep us all informed.
It looks a very nice remote.

Thanks

John
Spain
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Floor
Posted at 2019-6-6 16:07:09 | Only Author
I tested this handheld, unfortunately, it is not a standard wireless keyboard device. So it is currently not available on DDCS.

IMG_5549.JPG (87.14 KB, Down times: 347)

IMG_5549.JPG
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
5#
Posted at 2019-6-6 17:02:58 | Only Author
Last edited by yaddatrance In 2019-6-6 17:31 Editor

Lol, I'm Ken Dizzeru on Facebook, I have that same pendant. I hate it very much. The way they implemented the buffer for the MPG is dangerous, the designer has obviously NEVER used a CNC with a jogwheel.

The protocol is available (http://forum.planet-cnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1125) and I thought it was mach 3/windows that was the problem, so I played around using it to send commands for my pick and place (OpenPNP), but after figuring out how to read the data, it has two modes... "Annoying joystick mode" and "Crash machine mode"... In "annoying joystick mode", the faster you crank, the faster it moves.... but no relationship between steps and position.... basically a shitty video game about fishing... In "Crash machine mode", I discovered the unit itself just loses steps for no reason, then pauses and buffer steps for no reason and then send all the steps at once causing machine to fly everywhere. Using a CNC with it is like a shitty video game about driving, but more dangerous.

Maybe you should try getting a USB bluetooth module working in DDCS? Then you can use wireless keypads as well as DIY panels that use arduino to HC05 bluetooth modules or maybe ESP32 that act like keyboards. e.g. https://github.com/Galzai/MK32 or maybe https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black-34-Keys-Mini-Numpad-Wireless-Bluetooth-Numeric-Keypad-For-Apple-PC-keyboard-Numpads-Keypads-2018/32946936840.html

Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
6#
Posted at 2019-6-7 03:44:44 | Only Author
Hello Ytliu

What is the correct method or protocol for inserting and withdrawing a USB hub with a USB wireless logitech keyboard dongle and a USB stick containing the NC files plugged in together. I have a 4 port hub.
I am getting different results from different permutations of inserting and withdrawing.
One scenario I powered down with both dongle and stick, restarted the controller and display showed nothing other than "nan".
So powered down, fortunately I have another stick containing only a " .set" with my parameters, I inserted this into the USB port, with no hub,  powered up, pressed reset and all OK, so I lost no settings.
Then removed this ".set" stick, inserted the hub, inserted the NC file stick, inserted the dongle and it all worked OK
I was able to modify my NC file via the F3 key and save.
It seems powering down with both dongle and nc file stick then there is a problem.
Sorry this post is long, but I needed you to better understand what is going on.
Best regards

John
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
7#
Posted at 2019-6-7 04:53:51 | Only Author
Lindo, Since you have a keyboard, the Del key will unmount the usb stick so you can safely shutdown or remove the usb stick
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
8#
Posted at 2019-6-7 06:44:01 | Only Author
Hi Lindo,
display showed nothing other than "nan",This is caused by /mnt/nand1-1/setting corruption, which should be independent of the use of a USB hub. The reason for the configuration file corruption may be that the power is turned off immediately after the configuration is completed, causing the settings file not to be properly stored.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
9#
Posted at 2019-6-7 06:58:20 | Only Author
Hi yaddatrance,
Thank you for the information provided. For the problems encountered with wireless MPG, I think it may be caused by the lag of the driver response under Windows.
Since this wireless MPG cannot be connected to DDCS, I recently tried to simulate wireless MPG using the wireless mouse wheel to verify responsiveness.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
10#
Posted at 2019-6-7 12:27:05 | Only Author
Hi yaddatrance

Do you mean Del or Esc key ?
Should I be on the main screen before I press
I am concerned that the Del key will totally erase files.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list