Possible magnetic electricity problem - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 8825|Reply: 11
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Possible magnetic electricity problem

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Landlord
Posted at 2019-5-8 03:12:59 | All floors
Hi, I am new to this forum, I am in the process of converting my X2 mini mill to CNC, and am currently waiting for delivery of DDCVS1.1 control.
I have heard of this problem with other control boards, the reported solution was to ensure that the spindle earth is connected to the controls protective earth. maybe this can help?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Sofa
Posted at 2019-5-11 02:28:59 | All floors
Last edited by Coolers In 2019-5-11 02:39 Editor

Have you checked the micro stepping setting on each of your stepper motor drivers? the motor torque (Power) reduces very quickly, the higher you set the micro stepping. If it is too high, the motor will not have enough power to turn the lead screw, and will be like trying to pull away in a car using 5th gear, very easy to stall the engine, without reducing the acceleration.

The better way would be to use  a larger timing pulley on the lead screw and a smaller timing pulley on your stepper motor. this will have the effect of increasing the number of steps to complete a full turn, but it will also increase the motors power.

So if you had a 20 tooth pulley on the stepper motor and 60 tooth pulley on the lead screw, the motor will have to turn 3 times to turn the lead screw 1 turn, (you would need to use 600 steps per revolution) setting the motor driver micro steps to 1 will driver the motor at full power, but becouse of the mechanical advantage (Ratio of the pulleys = 3:1) the Motor will have 3 time more torque.
The main reasons for loosing steps are:
Mechanical issue : The machine axis do not move freely due to miss alignment, or poorly adjusted bearings, or Gibbs beaing too tight if using dovetail slides.
Electrical Issue: Steps are lost due to electrical noise from close proximity to other machine parts etc.
Motor Power: Stepper motor Torque is not high enough to turn the lead screw.

I am sorry if you know this already, but i just want to help.

Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Newbie Member

Credits
Bench
Posted at 2019-5-11 18:39:46 | All floors
Please send pictures of the drivers and the switch settings
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list