Enhancment proposal: Input values during G-Code execution - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 4260|Reply: 1

Enhancment proposal: Input values during G-Code execution

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Posted at 2019-3-19 16:26:48 | All floors |Read mode
Hi!

I want to propose a simple, but powerfull addition to DNCNC, which would enhance its functionality a lot: input values during execution.
In the current version, you can switch to the paramter page, chage some values there (since some updates also user defined (#2000++)) and use this values during G-Code execution.
But it would be nice to do this "on demand" during a G-Code execution. May be it is not a big deal to use more or less the same syntax as for the settings file.

there it is

#1 -t2 -s1 "language setting" -m16 -min = 0.000 -max = 1.000 -i0 "Eng" -i1 "Chinese"

#n n is the parameter number (0-499), n + 500 is the macro variable number of this parameter;
-t is used to specify the type of parameter, t0 is an integer, t1 is a real number, and t2 is a selection type.
-s1 defines the name of the parameter;
-s2 defines the parameter unit;
-m parameter group, m0 that the parameters in the parameter configuration page does not show;
-min minimum parameter
-max maximum parameter
-i The text of the relevant entry is configured through it when the parameter type is selection type;

May be a M-function like

M123 (xxx), where xxx is identical to a corresponding settings-file instruction (ignoring the -m field...), which is displayed like the M110 ()-comments in the last line

would be possible.

Only a wish, but that would be realy a big step for general purpose macros!

Cheers

Josef

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Posted at 2019-3-22 04:51:31 | All floors
It would be a good idea to make a dialog box, even with a title, so you can choose a list with the cursors up down, and be able to use that value selected in the program. For example "Long X" title, and a list with 100 200 300 values and use the value selected for example 200 in your gcode program. Obviously you would have to pause until a value of the list was selected
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list