Should the Jets Break the Bank For Free - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 823|Reply: 0
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Should the Jets Break the Bank For Free

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2022-9-28 11:01:41 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
With $49.1 million dollars of available salary cap space, should the Jets consider signing former Chiefs left tackle Orlando Brown Jr.?That is the type of question that may be weighing on the minds of Jets management,  Walt Weiss Jersey as we near the beginning of free agency.Brown (son of the late legendary offensive tackle Orlando Brown Sr., a.k.a. Zeus) has followed in his dads footsteps and has become a top-rated offensive lineman in his own right. He is currently the No. 9 ranked free agent by . The only higher ranking offensive tackle in free agency by PFF is the Saints LT Terron Armstead (ranked as the No. 2 free agent prospect overall).Both are expected to command around the same annual salary ($20-$21 million). However, outside of that, there are two major differences between them. Armstead will be 31-years-old by the start of next season, while Brown will be 26. The other difference is Armstead has only played in 97 career games since coming into the league in 2013, while Brown has not mi sed any time with any injury since Joe Morgan Jersey  becoming a starter in 2018 for Baltimore.Brown was a third-round draft choice of the Ravens in 2018, where Baltimore saw him as a right tackle. Brown wanted to play on the left side and was traded from Baltimore to Kansas City. The Chiefs gave up a first, third and fourth round pick for Brown in 2021, and a fifth-rounder in 2022. All that for Brown, who played in 2021 in the last year of his rookie contact.Brown is now about to become a free agent, which could create a unique opportunity for the Jets.Jets quarterback Zach Wilson took a beating in his rookie season, and ended up being sacked 44 times. Eventually, the hits added up and Wilson mi sed four games with a knee injury.Wilson was the third most sacked QB in the NFL  Santiago Casilla Jersey in 2021, behind Cincinnatis Joe Burrow (51) and Tenne sees Ryan Tannehill (47).Scroll to ContinueIronically, Cincinnati has been mentionedby FanSidedas being the most likely destination for Brown outside of signing an extension with Kansas City.However, that does not mean the Jets money isnt just as green. It could even take a higher offer ($23-$25 million per) than what Kansas City or anyone else has on the table.Browns dad Zeus came into the Jets for a visit during my time in pro scouting with the team.  Rollie Fingers Jersey I will never forget meeting him.Our Pro Scouting Director at the time, Scott Pioli, called me into his office.I walked in and saw this huge man sitting in Piolis office. Pioli said, Meet Zeus! I reached out to shake his hand and I am Dave Henderson Jersey  not kidding, my entire hand disappeared, and part of my arm. It was like shaking hands with someone wearing a baseball catchers glove.Former Kansas City Chiefs left tackle Orlando Brown Jr. is one of the best offensive lineman available in free agency this offseason, but won't be cheap Orlando Brown Jr. Scouting reportWith Jets left tackle Mekhi Becton looking more like a bust by the day, I feel like New York needs to addre s the LT position, or through free agency with Brown.The Jets need one or the other, if they want to keep Wilson standing.MORE:

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list