Reset needed when probe touches?! - DDCSV2.1 - Standalone CNC Motion Controller - Digital Dream Technology support
View: 5817|Reply: 4
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Reset needed when probe touches?!

[Copy Link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Jump to the specified floor
Landlord
Posted at 2019-2-1 22:45:11 | Only Author Replies reward |Descending browser |Read mode
Hello everyone,
I have a stupid problem and maybe someone ran into the same and can help me...
When I start a probe, the spindel goes down, until the probe contact is closed (so far, so good), but then it does not rise  (at least most of the time) but starts beeping and requires a RESET.
The interesting thing: If I "simulate" the touch by puting some metal between the tool and the probe contact and remove it imediately after the touch, the contact is recognized correctly and the spindle rises as expected - no RESET needed at all.
I think, the problem is, that the probe contact is still closed at the end of a small time out after probing and DDCSV checks this status and goes into error stage, if true.
May be, the behavour is as described due to the fact, that I use an "inverted" probe signal: I set parameter #70  "Probe signal electric level" to heigh, connected the probe input by a 2.2kOhm pullup resistor to +12V-I and connected GND-I to GND (wich is connected to the metal parts of the machine).
Ytliu: would be fine if you have any idea!

Josef

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
recommend
Posted at 2019-2-17 19:45:56 | Only Author
I agree re the "talking to yourself" however some of us are listening<G>
I did wonder if your problem was limits but you cracked it before I could respond.
Reply Support 1 Opposition 0

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Sofa
 Author| Posted at 2019-2-3 18:49:23 | Only Author
Hi!

This Forum seems to degenerate to a self talk forum more and more....
Concerning this "Reset needed when probing" problem: It seems to be a bug in the software! All works perfect, if #70 is set to "low",  using a switch, which closes probe to +12V-I, when touching. If you set #70 to "heigh", pull up probe and short cut it to GND-I when touching results in the described "Reset problem".
This is not a problem of probe.nc et. al.! It seems, that the fundamental M101-M102 pair rises the Reset!

Ytilu: PLEASE: can you provide an update where at least the main known bugs are fixed? From my Point of view these are:
- White screen when toggeling through the different settings (FRO/SRO;SJR,F,S,...) reaching M5 (described elswere in the forum)
- Device hangs or behaves unpredictedly when too long comments appear in the G-Code to be scanned (reported by me)
- The "Reset on inverted probing" described here

Josef
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Bench
 Author| Posted at 2019-2-15 16:33:16 | Only Author
Hi!

The "Reset on inverted probing" was my fault! The reason was a short circuit in the connector between the y end limit and the probe input. Hard to find but it explains this stupid behavour...
So sorry for this wrong alarm. But Ytilu: you can add the the "execution continued with loaded program after extkey2.nc" to the bug list ...

Josef
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Floor
Posted at 2019-2-16 04:42:03 | Only Author
What version do you use?
I have the 1.1 and it hangs with long programs, do those with version 2.1 work well or does it hang up?
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Shenzhen Digital Dream Numerical Technology Co., Ltd. support
Adress:507,A Building,Leibo Industry Zone,No. 22 Jinxiu East Road,Kengzi Street,Pingshan district,Shenzhen City,P.R. of China
Phone:13244704799
E-mail:info@ddcnc.com

TEL

0755-87654321

Wchat

Website designed by DigitalDream Technology Support
Quick Reply Back to top Back to list