Digital Dream Technology support

Title: Wireless USB MPG/Pendant Support [Print This Page]

Author: Kwood94xj    Time: 2019-5-30 19:55
Title: Wireless USB MPG/Pendant Support
Last edited by Kwood94xj In 2019-5-30 19:57 Editor

Hello everyone,

I bought an OMIO X6-2200L CNC a while ago with the Mach3 control card. I hate Mach3 as I have a background with real CNC Controllers. Anyway it came with a small wireless remote like the one in the Link Below. I bought a V2.1 a while ago and I am just now getting it converted. My question is does the current Firmware support a remote like this over USB? Thank you for your time and all the effort you put into this system Yt Liu!

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/CNC-Wireless-RF-Electronic-Handwheel-Remote_60003349387.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.80.18c06f89HLG2hK

Author: ytliu    Time: 2019-5-31 06:32
Hi Kwood94xj,
I don't know how this device works. If it's just a USB wireless keyboard, I think it's possible to use it by redefining the keyboard mapping.
I have contacted my friend, he said he will order one and test.
Author: Lindo    Time: 2019-6-2 00:55
Please keep us all informed.
It looks a very nice remote.

Thanks

John
Spain
Author: ytliu    Time: 2019-6-6 16:07
I tested this handheld, unfortunately, it is not a standard wireless keyboard device. So it is currently not available on DDCS.

IMG_5549.JPG (87.14 KB, Down times: 351)

IMG_5549.JPG

Author: yaddatrance    Time: 2019-6-6 17:02
Last edited by yaddatrance In 2019-6-6 17:31 Editor

Lol, I'm Ken Dizzeru on Facebook, I have that same pendant. I hate it very much. The way they implemented the buffer for the MPG is dangerous, the designer has obviously NEVER used a CNC with a jogwheel.

The protocol is available (http://forum.planet-cnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1125) and I thought it was mach 3/windows that was the problem, so I played around using it to send commands for my pick and place (OpenPNP), but after figuring out how to read the data, it has two modes... "Annoying joystick mode" and "Crash machine mode"... In "annoying joystick mode", the faster you crank, the faster it moves.... but no relationship between steps and position.... basically a shitty video game about fishing... In "Crash machine mode", I discovered the unit itself just loses steps for no reason, then pauses and buffer steps for no reason and then send all the steps at once causing machine to fly everywhere. Using a CNC with it is like a shitty video game about driving, but more dangerous.

Maybe you should try getting a USB bluetooth module working in DDCS? Then you can use wireless keypads as well as DIY panels that use arduino to HC05 bluetooth modules or maybe ESP32 that act like keyboards. e.g. https://github.com/Galzai/MK32 or maybe https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black-34-Keys-Mini-Numpad-Wireless-Bluetooth-Numeric-Keypad-For-Apple-PC-keyboard-Numpads-Keypads-2018/32946936840.html

Author: Lindo    Time: 2019-6-7 03:44
Hello Ytliu

What is the correct method or protocol for inserting and withdrawing a USB hub with a USB wireless logitech keyboard dongle and a USB stick containing the NC files plugged in together. I have a 4 port hub.
I am getting different results from different permutations of inserting and withdrawing.
One scenario I powered down with both dongle and stick, restarted the controller and display showed nothing other than "nan".
So powered down, fortunately I have another stick containing only a " .set" with my parameters, I inserted this into the USB port, with no hub,  powered up, pressed reset and all OK, so I lost no settings.
Then removed this ".set" stick, inserted the hub, inserted the NC file stick, inserted the dongle and it all worked OK
I was able to modify my NC file via the F3 key and save.
It seems powering down with both dongle and nc file stick then there is a problem.
Sorry this post is long, but I needed you to better understand what is going on.
Best regards

John

Author: yaddatrance    Time: 2019-6-7 04:53
Lindo, Since you have a keyboard, the Del key will unmount the usb stick so you can safely shutdown or remove the usb stick
Author: ytliu    Time: 2019-6-7 06:44
Hi Lindo,
display showed nothing other than "nan",This is caused by /mnt/nand1-1/setting corruption, which should be independent of the use of a USB hub. The reason for the configuration file corruption may be that the power is turned off immediately after the configuration is completed, causing the settings file not to be properly stored.
Author: ytliu    Time: 2019-6-7 06:58
Hi yaddatrance,
Thank you for the information provided. For the problems encountered with wireless MPG, I think it may be caused by the lag of the driver response under Windows.
Since this wireless MPG cannot be connected to DDCS, I recently tried to simulate wireless MPG using the wireless mouse wheel to verify responsiveness.
Author: Lindo    Time: 2019-6-7 12:27
Hi yaddatrance

Do you mean Del or Esc key ?
Should I be on the main screen before I press
I am concerned that the Del key will totally erase files.
Author: Lindo    Time: 2019-6-7 12:51
Ytliu

Thank you I will fully document my power down procedures and keep you informed.

John

Spain
Author: ytliu    Time: 2019-6-7 15:46
Hi Lindo,
Under the main page, press 'delete' to unmount the usb stick. This is safe and will not delete the files in the usb stick.
Author: Lindo    Time: 2019-6-7 17:08
Ytliu

Thank you very much

John
Author: yaddatrance    Time: 2019-6-8 07:31
Last edited by yaddatrance In 2019-6-8 07:34 Editor

Lindo, the DEL key on the main keyboard (not number pad) unmounts the usb stick... I haven't tried but the 'F10' and Numpad's '*' acts like the mode key normally (which is used to delete files in the file tab) so I would use caution pressing those keys in the file tab.

ESC homes to the main page or selects values in parameters, and does not unmount disks.
Also note that the Number pad's Delete key zeros an axis.

Author: Lindo    Time: 2019-6-8 11:53
yaddatrance and Ytliu
Thanks for the information, I will take it slowly and document.

John
Spain

Welcome Digital Dream Technology support (http://bbs.ddcnc.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3