Digital Dream Technology support

Title: System files not visible [Print This Page]

Author: edelec    Time: 2019-4-14 19:10
Title: System files not visible
I and my colleague have had a situation where the system files are not visible. Typically motion.out, uservar, slib.nc, etc.
After moving through the system via mnt/nand1-1/ we arrive at .. with no files visible.
How can we correct this as at the moment we are unable to backup our uservar.
I have had this in the past and at a later date the files become visible! Currently running 2019-03-20-107NOR

Thanks
Richard

Author: Lindo    Time: 2019-4-16 15:04
Agree with Richard´s post.
The only clear way I can get to the system files is with a USB " stick in the port".
The only file on the stick is a gcode .nc
But I cannot back out of the "mnt ", I have to power down.
It seems to me to get at the system files for example probe.nc you need to be a very experienced
and computer "savvy". All I want to do is use the controller without any need to
go through this pain of eventually finding the coffee in the tea tin.
There must be a way via a simple 1 or 2  press keys to instantly bring in these system files.
There is no explanations of the verbage mnt ?  nand 1 nand 2 etc etc.in the manual.
All I want to be able to do after the parameters are set, clamp a part on my mill, set home positions via a "probe"
set tool heights and enter in the Gcode via a USB stick and cut metal.
I do not want to be a computer engineer at 70 years of age.
Thanks

John

Author: ytliu    Time: 2019-4-21 06:50
Thank you for your suggestion, I will add this feature to make it easier to import and export system files.
Author: Lindo    Time: 2019-4-23 12:46
Ytliu

Thank you.

Welcome Digital Dream Technology support (http://bbs.ddcnc.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3