Digital Dream Technology support

Title: Mike Milbury to step away from NBC NHL r [Print This Page]

Author: lovelystyle    Time: 2023-5-29 20:31
Title: Mike Milbury to step away from NBC NHL r
NBC hockey analyst Mike Milbury will be off the air for the remainder of the 2020 Stanley Cup playoffs, he said Saturday.Milbury said in a statement that he didn't want  Derek Jeter Jersey his "recent remark" he that it was nice that  Joe DiMaggio Jersey no women were around the Toronto bubble to"disrupt"players' concentration to interfere with those players' focus.From The A sociated Pre s' Stephen Whyno:Mike Milbury: In light of the attention caused by my recent remark, I have decided to step away  Brian Roberts Jersey from my role at NBC Sports for the remainder of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I do not want my presence to interfere with the athletes as they try to win the greatest trophy in sports. Stephen Paul O'Neill Jersey  Whyno (@SWhyno) Milburyapologized for the comment Friday, saying he was trying to be "irreverent." Critics, including multiple female media members, viewed Randy Johnson Jersey  the comment as openly sexist and just the latest example of Milbury's and longtime hockey men's mysogyny. Both NBC and the NHL were disapproving of Milbury Brett Gardner Jersey 's remark.MORE: Milbury was not on the air for Friday's game in Toronto between the Flyers and Canadiens. Ed Olczyk replaced him in the analyst role. NBC did not immediately announce broadcast teams for the second round of the playoffs Thurman Munson Jersey , which begins Saturday.The 68-year-old Milbury has a history ofinsensitive comments during his TV career. Canadian newspaper in 2009, 2011 and 2012 as a sample.  Jorge Posada Jersey Last week, Milbury for belittling Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask, who left the bubble in the middle of a series. It was later revealedRask left to be with his family.

Welcome Digital Dream Technology support (http://bbs.ddcnc.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3