Digital Dream Technology support

Title: DDCSV 2.1 always freezes when cutting 3D Rasters [Print This Page]

Author: redmdc    Time: 2019-1-7 17:19
Title: DDCSV 2.1 always freezes when cutting 3D Rasters
This device was great for anything not too demanding gcode wise, but give this some 3D rastering to do and it would freeze after just 5 to 10 minutes, destroying the job and wasting a lot of material. This happened every time. I even purchased a 2nd one to see if it was just the one i had bought that was corrupt but it seems the 2nd one also reacted the same way.

Anyone else out there ever have the same problem with the unit freezing while cutting? and more importantly anyone know the fix for this?

I did do firmware updates to the latest available but still had the same issues.

Author: JPoepsel    Time: 2019-1-7 19:02
Hi!

Don't know if this helps, but mine freezes, if:

- I code endless G-Code loops ;-)
- I use some of my USB-Sticks, which the device seems to dislike
- I use too long comments in G-Code (may be, this is also true for too long lines in general)

You may try to split your file in smaller chunks and try them chunk by chank and castch the lion iteratively…

Josef

Author: economos    Time: 2019-1-7 19:10
<There was a similar problem. I just decided - I removed the spindle cable away from the cables of the stepper motors. Conclusion: low noise immunity, you need to ground everything.
Author: Avis    Time: 2019-1-10 04:52
I have installed some small fans in the back, it seems to work well in this way.

Welcome Digital Dream Technology support (http://bbs.ddcnc.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3